Well that's awfully weird...I mean in most diet sodas you will find Aspartame replacing sugar for the sake of...ok what you would call "taste".
Aspartame is a common artifical sweetener that you can find in yummie stuff such as diet sodas and other soft drinks, breath mints, cereals, sugar-free chewing gum, cocoa mixes, frozen desserts, gelatin desserts, juices, milk drinks, pharmaceutical drugs and supplements, shake mixes, tabletop sweeteners, teas, instant coffees and yogurt. This is just a handful, I mean today you can find it in almost anything modern and stylish.
Aspartame is 200 times sweeter than normal sugar and it was discovered in a lab in 1965 by scientist J.M Schlatter who was trying to develop a synthetic anti-ulcer drug when he by accident discovered its sweetness by licking his fingers. He put two and two together, understood that mankind was as thick as clotted cream and tadaaaa....brain cancer as a side effect of candy was here! Yes...in the 1980's several studies were made about Aspartame's relation to Brain Cancer.
When aspartame enters your body it turns into formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is cancer-causing and used by scientists as a disinfectant or a preservative. Yeah. They don't eat it or drink it. They don't put it in their kids bodies. But something tells me that they are laughing their heads of at you who do.
Here are some fun facts about Aspartame:
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have received more complaints about Aspartame than any other ingredient.
- When Aspartame was put before the FDA for approval it was denied 8 times.
- Aspartame will make you fat because it preserves your fat cells.
- There are 92 proven side effects of Aspartame such as nerve cell damage, memory loss, blindness, migraines, hair loss, weight gain and nervous system disorders just to name a few cute ones.
- Support groups for Aspartame victims actually exists.
I'm not trying to scare you (well I am) but just have a little casual browse online about Aspartame and it's effects on the human body and then browse your food shelf right before you go to bed tonight. It will make Samara from The Ring seem like a harmless long-haired little pokémon. Sweet Dreams.
Aspartame Victims Support Group
Dorway to Discovery